Spring is in the air and warmth has just started to touch our skin. I’ve always loved the winter months but I think we all can agree there comes a time when enough is enough and you are just so ready to be able to slide on some flip flops to run to Target. This year I decided to try to pick a scent and use it continuously for the season. I had a lot fun with it and I loved choosing a theme to run for the season of self care activities. In the Fall, not just due to halloween but also the crisp feeling in the air, I felt like pumpkins definitely had to be on the list of favorite scents. So for Spring I wanted to do the same and this time around Lavender is the scent of choice.
Let me give you the run down on some health benefits for Lavender:
- Reduces anxiety
- Increases sleep quality
- Promotes new hair growth
- Relieves migraine headaches
- Help with minor burns and bug bites (due to its anti-inflammatory properties)
And let’s be honest, because it smells so good. The scent alone is definitely what made me choose to use it throughout my self care activities for Spring. So without further ado, here are my top 5 self care activities for Spring:
- Lavender infused face masks. As you know, Target is my favorite store and their under $3 face masks are the best! Its simple and easy to use, but most importantly its cheap. The lavender infused one not only smells good but I totally feel it helps me decrease the few pimples I get.
- Yankee candle house warmer. I love these candles. Had the same one for my pumpkin themed time. Candles are still my jam and I definitely need all the relaxation properties this lavender candle gives with my busy toddler getting into everything.
- Baseball. Now for some people sports may not be a relaxing time but my family has grown up going to baseball games for years and the spring is just the time for that. Soon as spring rolls around I know its time to hang out and relax at the fields all day with my family.
- Flower baths. I have heard so many good things about the use of flower petals in bath tubs. Not only is it totally Instagram worthy but it also releases the benefits of the flower into the bath and your skin. Lavender being infused with so many properties makes it such a good flowers break up in the bath.
- Buy some flowers. Spring in the air definitely means flowers. Now I have the furthest thing from a green thumb, but the presence of beautiful flowers in a space gives me a feeling of clarity and peace. Definitely need these on my desk while I’m writing!
Failing to prioritize self care activities in your day is a huge fail on many moms part. We always say we will do it “later tonight” or “early in the morning” but we don’t actually schedule a time for us. Failure to do this usually ends in us missing it for the day or somehow forgetting it in between all the other chaos. That is why I am creating a 7-day self care email challenge. After participating in one from one of my favorite bloggers, I realized we had to keep this thing going and get other moms involved. With this intentional mantra driven challenge I will help you purposely schedule self care into your day and make it a priority in your life. Plus, who wouldn’t love to know you have at least 7 days you know you will cater to you. Click the link below to join! Challenge starts April 1st.
ENTER THE 7-DAY SELF CARE CHALLENGE
What’s your favorite Spring self care activity?
Take care of you too mama,